Central locking and other problems

I have a 2003 x trail 2.2 VDI LUXE. I locked the car using the keyfob but I could not open it with the fob. When I inserted the key in the drivers door only that door opened. I then tried the switch in the drivers door and that failed to open the other doors. I then noticed that the courtesy lightswitches on all the doors (including tailgate) failed to light the interior lights although they all work if switched on manually. Lastly the audible alarm has stopped functioning when a door is opened. All these functions had previously been working and all stopped simultaniously. I have checked all the fuses and visually checked the wiring looms for physical damage on all the doors and can see not faults. Are all these functions controlled by a computer chip/module? Please help

Hi..welcome to the Forum!

I believe the fault may be the drivers door switch as it is not being recognised in the system.

I would open the door, wriggle the wiring loom between the door and the pillar to see if the interior light flickers when it is switched to door mode.

If it does, then the wiring is probably broken where it articulates opening and closing.

Worth a try!  Regards, Trevor

There is a control module for the central door locking/alarm and I know the key fobs break internally as I have rebuilt a few of them.

But I've not known of any problems with the electronics control systems, apart from the wiring and connections being quite poor on the nissans.

Other areas for concern are the door lock switch/electric window switches are prone to the wiring connectors having poor connection. Lift off the panel on the door arm rest and wriggle the connections/wiring to see  if that makes any difference.