First time Nissan Owner

dmaz1991

Hello,

New Nissan owner here.
I wanted to try and get some help on an issue I experienced this morning.
I have a 1.5dci 2009 micra.

When I drove to the shop this morning, 2 min down the road. I stopped the car, when I came back to the car it started fine however when I tried to pull away the car struggled to accelerate. I was driving down the road in 3rd gear just to keep at 30. After 5 mins of driving the car cam back to life after some high revs.
And idea what might be causing it? I have it booked in next week to have the glow plugs and cam belt changed.

Regards

Dan

Hi Dan...welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like the car went into Limp Home mode (with a warning lamp on possibly) as a result of a fault which cleared allowing it to run properly later.

I would ask the mechanic carrying out the work to check the ECU memory for fault codes which will indicate what the fault is.

Regards   Trevor

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Im new here

I need your advice please

i bought brand new Nissan Juke in may 2016 and driven only FEW WEEKS! And it's broken! I went to the dealer and they gave me a replacement for a time while they testing and fixing my car. It's October now. I call them hundred times and they don't know what happening, they can't give me any updates, they just said: I'm unlucky and I have to wait for a call from the main central dealer! I don't know what to do. I want to drive my own NEW car:((

Hi Nadia

I would speak directly to someone at Nissan UK and see if you can't get a replacement as the car seems to be a 'lemon'

I'm sure consumer rights probably state that if a car is brand new and fails and is off road for a specific time period then it needs to be sorted (either by replacement for another one or a refund)....I'm no expert on consumer law but I would be pretty hacked off if it was my car.

Good luck with this