Project Moff - 600BHP R33 GTS-t Skyline

Moff

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sory for the delay, here is a write up, with in car video laps, and lot sof photos of hte day.

Huge Thank you to Abbey Motorsport for the work on the car again :)

20140309-silverstone-f1.jpg

In car lap

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the updates Moff....you have created a really awesome car!

A true labour of love and buckets of money thrown at it I imagine...:smile:

Keep the post coming, much appreciated

Regards,  Trevor - Admin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Moff,

However, I think you have mis-reported it by saying 'car is nearly done' and possibly you should have written 'car is nearly done...until I decide to strip it and rebuild it to go even faster / handle better, etc'  :-)

Looking forward to reading your report.

Once again, thanks very much for sharing this with us!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

DISASTER !!!!

Sorry I’ve been quiet for a while.. !

After the car was all finished, we were on our way to the first show at the beginning of July, all excited  ! Got 5 miles from home, and bang, a Lorry on a roundabout pulled out and hit the back of the car !

It was early in the morning. Luckily some witnesses saw the whole thing, and were more than happy to help out and give reports to the insurance company.

Its taken about 3 months, but insurance has now paid out (non fault claim), but the car has been declared as a Category D, which I’m gutted about, but it was the only way I could keep the car.

This is a highly highly modified vehicle, which I have insured under its own policy, with every modification declared, and always have done.

HUGE thank you to Lee Haswell at A-Plan, and Kindertons, sooooooo glad I paid for the legal cover each year !

In over 20 years of driving, I’ve had very few claims. I thought due to the nature of the vehicle, and the modifications this was going to be a horrible end to a car I own (ironically, 13 years this year) with a rubbish pay out !

Have I said thank you to A-Plan yet. An insurance company is only as good in the event of a claim, and this was really hassle free.  Brillinat Brilliant Brilliant !

I can now set to rebuilding the car (Once Stagea Project is finished!)

Not too looked at the damage too much yet, but the rear wheel is buckled, and pointing the wrong way. Its shifted over the boot lid, bumper and broken both rear lights !

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14566215_10154715640163938_5187886117867786833_o.jpg

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14570639_10154715640428938_486012544185854398_o.jpg

So sorry to hear about the car...you must be gutted !

Unfortunately, the links to the pictures don't work but it sounds like pretty bad damage.

Looking forward to seeing the uploads of the new work you'll be carrying out on it...good luck with that.

Cheers,  Trevor

• 5 weeks later...

Well, after a while, and thankful we pay for legal cover, insurance now settle as a non fault. Big thanks again to A-plan. Mention TMS Motorsport when getting a quote :)

Time to start rebuilding... As you can see the wheel took some damage. So a new one was needed..

IMAG5679.jpg

IMAG5674.jpg

Full full story on the Project Moff Blog...

Project Moff Blog - Insurance settled

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All, We have updated the blog with our progress. We have started to strip down the mechanical parts of the car to see where the damage lies. 

A broken tool and the use of fire along the way.... Have a read :)

You can read everything we have written at The Project Moff Blog

20161221_project_moff2.jpg

20161221_project_moff3.jpg

As always, love to hear peoples comments..