micra (k11) 2003 indicators and hazards not working

micramum

Hi micra owners, I have a 2003 (k11) micra tempest 1.0L and recently my hazards and indicators have stopped working. I have checked all bulbs, fuses and swapped relays over but still not working. I got a second hand hazard switch but this didn't cure the fault. Has anyone else had this and how did you solve it. love desperate micramum.

• 4 months later...

I had a similar problem. I replaced the indicator lever with another and when that still didn't work, I realised I hadn't clicked the lever in all the way.

Did you find out what the problem was?

• 3 years later...

Hi all, I have the same problem but haven't found the cause yet.  Fuses all look OK.  I've changed the hazard switch and the flasher unit so far.  Doing old-fashioned hand signals for now, as in 1960s Highway Code! 

One tip though - when you change the flasher unit, take the instrument panel cover off first (1 Phillips screw under the fascia each side of the steering wheel) so that you can see what you're doing.

Cheers, Nick

OK, just realised this is an old thread, but still might help someone.  I've replaced the hazard switch and the flasher unit.  My circuit tester lights when it touches the input terminal of the flasher unit, but not when it touches either of the other terminals.  Does that mean the replacement flasher unit is faulty? 

It does sound like that is the case.

I would take the cover off the relay and manually move the contact to see if it energises and if it does then it is either going to be an input signal (voltage) missing or a poor earth