ESP and Slip indicator lights

Hi,

I'm new to the Owners Club, so I'm not sure whether this is the type of post that's discussed?

I have a Qashqai (2012) and yesterday noticed that the following lights illuminated on the dash:

1) The ESP indicator (orange)

2) The Slip indicator (orange)

3) The red Malfunction light

I was halfway home from work, so had to continue my journey on the motorway. I didn't notice any noises but did experience that the acceleration was severely affected.

The next day, after reading up a little, I turned the engine on again and whilst the Malfunction indicator remained on, the other two didn't initially illuminate. After about 200/300 yards all three were on again. I stopped, turned the engine off and back on again and the same happened i.e. The Malfunction indicator remained on followed by the other two lights after a few hundreds yards. The outside temperature was around 10 degrees.

I have called the Nissan dealer (Weston-super Mare) who can't look at it until 1/3/17, i.e. 8 days time. I asked whether it was safe to drive, as the manual suggested it didn't need towing but ought to be checked out. They said it would be OK to drive there but didn't recommend prolonged driving.

My problem is, and I appreciate I need to rectify the fault, but I need to get to work each day- 17 miles each way.

Is it safe to drive and what is the probable problem and potential cost to repair?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Hi James...welcome to the Forum

I would not advise driving a car with any red warning lamp, although amber is generally okay.

However, it appears to be a fault in the ABS / Stability system which shouldn't affect the performance of the car.

If it affected the braking then I would be concerned and if it affected the performance (e.g. going into Limp Home mode) then again it is a dangerous concern.

Let us know what they find

Cheers  Trevor