Looking at Quashqai+2 - What to look out for

wannaqash

HI Guys,

I am currently looking around for a new car, has to be 7 seater and I found the QQ+2 and I almost fell in love with it! 

That said, I look at the car and see how much it has depreciated... The cars I see can have no more than 40k on the clock, could be as "young" as 4 years old, for a "top of the range" including cruise, tinted windows and panoramic roof.

What I dont understand, is why? why is such an clearly good car, going for so little money? what must be wrong with the QQ, for the car to be sold for the small amount?

Can you help? should I be buying into the QQ(+2) club?

Hi...welcome to the Forum

Depreciation is a funny thing, depends on the market at the time. I suppose one factor is the second hand market has taken a nose dive with more people getting new cars through personal lease deals and this means more second hand cars not selling, hence the lower price

If it checks out okay on an inspection with a new MOT and it has service history then it will probably be a good purchase

Let us know how you get on with the purchase decision

Cheers  Trevor

Thanks Trevor (any relation to the Trevor over on the FOC?!)

I have heard some bad things though about the Qash...

1) "its basically a renault underneath"? followed by "so electrics can be really bad later" - is there any accuracy to this?

2) "Timing Belt failure due to fuel pump" - something about poor design means the timing belt rubs up against the fuel pump, causing it to snap without warning?

These rumours are true but can be resolved quite easily.

The cambelt and water pump can be replaced even if it is before it is due and at a reasonable cost, ensuring peace of mind if nothing else.

The electrics are quite easy to resolve also, usually poor connectivity with the connectors (poor quality)