Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Nissan Almera SE year 2000, the headlamps are not working. Side lights and Hi beam are working fine, it's just the main beam that isn't. I have checked all fuses which are OK. I am not sure which relay might control the Headlights, I have a relay box on the left in the engine compartment,but there is no label to show what relay does what..... any ideas or advice would be much appreciated. The problem started about a week ago while I was driving back to London, the lights just cut out, no flickering or dimming, just went straight off.

Thanks, Jules

Hi Jules

Not sure how likely it is but could it be the actual headlamp switch at fault?

If you have checked the fuses and all is good there, then check for power to the actual headlamp bulb connector (plug) and if no power on dipped beam then this may be the fault.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers  Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Thanks so much for your help. I actually managed to solve the issue by simply changing the bulbs (which i should checked first of all). I just thought as both bulbs went at exactly the same time that this would have been more of complex problem and as it turns out, it wasn't!

Cheers,

That's the law according to Sod !  

What's the chances of both bulbs going at the same time....it could happen to any of us as it's the first thing to consider, fuses, electrical faults, etc.

Glad it's all sorted now though

Cheers  Trevor