Nissan Connect 2 Power / volume knob - Broken

B0M0A0K

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement volume/on/off knob for the Nissan Connect 2 system (as fitted to my 2013 Nissan Juke 1.6 N-Tec). I jumped in the car the other day and and the on/off/volume knob came away in my hand.

I have seen suggestions that you won't get a replacement without buying the entire front facia of the Nissan Connect 2 (megabucks!) but there has to be a more economical alternative. I have also been trying to identify the part number of the knob in question, so far I think it's one of the following, is there anyone here with a better understanding of parts and part numbers please?

Manufacturer: Nissan
Part Number: 28044-2B500
Part: Radio Knob
Replaces: 28044-08000, 28044-1E400, 28044-0P000

Hi Trevor, thanks for taking the time to reply. I have the knob at home for safekeeping while I investigate my options. The obvious thing to do would be to try and glue the knob back in place, but a close inspection of the break shows a shiny surface at the break, that usually suggests it has been broken and glue'd by the previous owner (or repair shop). I will try and post something later today :smile:

Sorry for the delay in uploading these, just spent a day taking the crappiest photos I have ever taken :blush: As promised, here are photos of the broken power/volume knob.

WP_20170621_19_43_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20170621_19_42_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20170621_19_42_36_Pro.jpg

Hi Trevor, thanks again for taking the time to reply. I'm a little skittish about using something like Araldite or "superglue" because they set rigid and have no flexibility, which I think could be a problem. My biggest issue right now is that I need to remove the remaining plastic from the metal spine on the power/volume knob. I had thought I could just use a dentists tool to hook in behind the plastic and pull it off that way, but it seems to need an abnormal amount of force to pull it off and I am starting to think that when it was repair by the previous owner glue made it's way onto the splined surface and it's glued in place.

I was going to post more photos, but I think I've used up my limit.

Not sure if you can use a bent screwdriver tip and some pliers to extract it as it should be on a detent which stops it from pulling out ordinarily. Just needs a little bit more force I'd say.

You could delete out the previous photos and use compression software for all new ones, that should solve the issue