High Mount Brake Light

Steve P

I would look at the wiring first...switch ignition on, someone has their foot on the brake pedal and then wiggle the wiring where it goes from the roof area to the tailgate.

Sometimes, the wiring breaks when it articulates when being opened and closed over time.

Good idea, I had this problem with the boot lid lock.

Thing is that ages ago I knocked the cover of the light and had one hell of a job putting it back on!!

I was mainly asking if it was a sealed unit (?) as the car is due MOT/Service soon and I will get my garage to do the job. If it is a sealed unit I will get one from ebay as the genuine part is bound to cost a fortune. If not a sealed unit I will mention the wiring to the garage.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, not sure if it is a sealed unit but I sometimes say is that 'if it went together it should come apart' which is okay in theory but how much damage will occur getting it apart.

Let us know what you find

Google says that a flat headed screwdriver can be applied with care, but I can't find a link specificity to a Micra.

I'll let my garage sort it out, I trust him and I'm too damn old to have a crack myself - I wasn't always too old. My first vehicle was a Ford Anglia van and I can remember taking the starter motor off in the dark and cold.

Taa for your reply, I will post back with the result. God knows how long the light has been out for.