Newbie with a warning sound question!!

adders66

Hi all, newbie here and first time Nissan owner. Just traded in my Outlander for the X-TRAIL N-TEC 130 DCI, and loving it so far.

Still getting used to all the bells and whistles.......or should I say random beeps as I'm driving along.

Every now and again, for no apparent reason, I get a 3 tone beep (tho two tones may be the same pitch),  but I see no visible warnings anywhere.

It has happened twice in the same location where I take a 90 degree nearside bend, and also where I pass a nearside junction with a bollard in a central reservation. I'm not exceeding the speed in either of these locations.

Any ideas??

TIA

Adders

Hi...welcome to the Forum

First thoughts are level sensors but if not, then maybe an issue with a front parking sensor which could be sensing the bollard....just a thought. 

Not sure if you can switch them off to try it?

Good to have you onboard

Cheers,  Trevor

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Trevor, apologies for delay in acknowledging your reply.

I have now noticed.....when I had the navigation screen active...... that this sound activates and on the screen it shows the road sign for "zig zag" or sharp bend, so it's obviously linked to that.

Strangely, one of the place it does it is neither of those, and it doesn't seem to do it at every "zig zag" or sharp bend? 

Anyway, getting used to it now.

Thanks again

Chris