Aircon question - X-Trail T32

Hi - i am new to the forum and have a query about a "chirping" sound that has suddenly developed on my Nissan X-Trail T32 which has only done 8000 miles.

Originally i thought it was the accelerator as it only happened when i put my foot to the floor and gently lifted up you would hear this chirping sound (one chirp).  Isolated issue now to the airconditioning - when it is off no chirping sound when driving. 

Could it be unit or was thinking more a belt issue ?

Thanks

Hi.....welcome to the Forum

Sounds like it could be a slightly loose belt but also if it is worn then it won't grip too well when under load.

Worth tightening or replacing to determine that it is the cause of the chirping.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers,   Trevor

So.....

Car has been into Nissan today - technician came out on test drive and acknowledged the issue.  Free of charge vehicle check done and no other faults found.  Alternator / tensioner / belt adjusted apparently - now noise was initially there when i left garage, however 30 miles later and not hearing anything.....

Due a service in January / 4000 miles time so if it is still doing it then will mentioned it - at least now logged on system and fingers crossed i wont hear anything soon !

• 4 weeks later...