Auxillary Audio Connection

Machinehead

Good Morning All,

Now a proud owner of an X-Trail Atrix Sports Adventure 2008 plate (reg Jan 2009) having picked it up yesterday. I've noted that there does not appear to be an auxillary input for connection of an IPod etc. Is this something that can be retro-fitted or would it entail changing the radio/ cd player unit ? I have noted on certain models there is an input inside the central arm rest/ storage compartment.... but this is not present on this model. Photo attached of existing unit.

Thanks

IMG_5872-large.jpg

Hi....welcome to the Forum

I'm not sure there is an auxiliary input for the system but you could use something similar to this gadget which will give you connectivity.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elobeth-Wireless-Bluetooth-Car-Receiver-Stereo-Audio-Adapter-3-5mm-Aux-Input-Jac/122789432388?epid=1476325337&hash=item1c96d20c44:g:0jEAAOSwk-1Z-5m1

Thanks Trevor.

Yes this looks as if it could be the answer. In the previous vehicle I used a Bluetooth transmitter tuned into a radio station for use with a separate android phone loaded only with music tracks & a Parrot Bluetooth module for taking voice calls on another phone. However you can only connect one phone at a time via Bluetooth to the X-Trails audio system & therefore that provides the facility for using only one phone at a time. So the gizmo you mention could be used for the android music phone, leaving the X-Trail's Bluetooth to handle voice calls..... I will check it out :-)