hh

MSB1991

Hi , I am very sorry about posting this here as the car in question is not a Nissan, I am very stressed out and I just need mechanics advice asap as it is late in the night and I am so stressed about this, I just need some advice please. The Vauxhall forum seems to be down so won't be able to use that for a while.

I have a 57 plate Vectra 1.9 CDTI 120 bhp.  By far the best reliable car out of the 5 I have ever owned, always started first time every single time.  

today I had cambelt and water pump done, drove it home the 30 miles from the mechanics house, it drove home fine.  Then I went to get in and start it but it just turns over but not firing up. first time it has ever not started. 

the mechanic ( who I only met for first time today after seeing his services online) lives 30 miles away said try easy start and then get to him and he will check it, but will it be okay to drive, say for example if timing is out  ??

I have a basic code reader , under pending codes something like     mass or volume air flow a circuit range/performance  but is that just because he unplugged it and it's stored in the memory ? 

any ideas as to how to sort this pleaseeee ? 

It could be crankshaft sensor...I would look for live data reading on the injectors when turning it over...no reading, no crank sensor signal.

Also, could be timing out in which case I would not drive it and let him come out and check it or use the RAC/AA to recover it to his garage.