Changing battery??

Amy0801

Hi. Bought our plus 2 a year ago its a 2013 model and a couple of months ago it started with the start/stop system fault and auto was flashing on the dash...it only did it for a few days and then stopped but when i looked into it online it mentioned about a faulty cell in the battery. Anyway it has now come back on and has stayed on for about 2 weeks and start/stop wont work! Yesterday we decided to get a new battery (£98 on sale) and changed them over however the fault is still showing?? Does the ECU need resetting?? Dont want to think we have wasted £98 if its not the battery! Thanks

Hi....welcome to the Forum

If you have fitted a quality (branded) Stop/Start battery then it shouldn't be a problem there.

I would imagine it does need programming back in but maybe worthwhile driving around for a while to let it settle down and relearn.

Let us know how you get on with it

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so car has not reset itself and the warning is still showing. Our machanic friend put his diagnostic laptop on it on friday and he said that no fault are on the ECU so he cant understand why its not working?!?! We are going away in a few weeks and i dont like driving for long distances with any problems! Not sure what else to do??? 

Has it definitely got a 'Stop / Start' specification battery as these have a deeper cell charge capacity than a standard battery?

If so, then I wouldn't worry too much about driving it as is...just won't have the stop/start function which you should be able to switch off anyway