Manual vs Dealership Schedule Help

Hi everybody, 

Just bought a Nissan Altima in 2017.  It's my first Nissan and it has reached 30,000 miles.  According to the maintenance schedule in my manual, the only recommended replacements is oil change, oil filter, and in-cabin microfilter.  However, called the dealership in my town and they say that they also recommend CVT transmission service and brake line flush, among others.  Basically, my dealership is telling me that I need to go with their service schedule and not the manual.  They also can't (or won't) tell me why their recommendation is so different than the manual.  I was just wondering when transmission and brake line service is actually needed.  I've owned multiple cars (not Nissans) and I've never had anyone recommend a transmission service at such a low mileage.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi.....welcome to the Forum

I am slightly worried that they wish to change the transmission fluid but if its not too costly and it will ensure the transmission is trouble-free for years to come then it may be a viable option.

The Brake Fluid and Coolant do need changing every two years regardless of mileage as they deteriorate over time and the Brake Fluid will absorb moisture from the atmosphere.

Let us know how it all goes