Replacing 2011 Qashqai cd player

ukleon

Hi forum - I just joined today. I've looked around a lot to solve my issue & read a lot of threads but I don't know enough to be confident.

We have a 2011 Qashqai with a radio/cd player (not 6CD changer). This video shows the exact CD player/radio we have: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onZGQjO1J0

The screen has died and the CD player stopped working so I want to replace it. I have been looking for 2nd hand like-for-like on eBay & many parts retailers but I am struggling to find this specific version. And if I do it's often around £300 - we can't afford that.

My questions are:

Does anyone have any places I can get a replacement one? It seems it's very old and there are many more available that are more recent models.

I am happy to replace for a later Nissan one (must have CD player but we're not Audiophiles), but will they fit? And will I need to buy a new plastic 'housing' for the CD player and heating ducts?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I like to fix things myself to minimise spend but I'm finding it hard to know how to find the right part and whether other parts would fit.

Hi....welcome to the Forum

I would suggest taking a trip to Halfords and seeing their range of replacement audio.

If you are not confident to replace it yourself then they can do this for you (at a cost) and also sell simple plug in adapters to avoid getting into wiring up the new one.