Usable Manuals

office@leedham-marine.co.u

Hi, I have just bought my second X-Trail, a nearly new 2019 white 1.7 dci Tekna to replace my 2011 T31 2.0 dci Tekna which was an excellent vehicle, but had 130,000 on the clock. I was not really looking for a new car (as i took my Bluebirds way past the 200,000 miles mark) but some of the post lockdown stock clearance deals were simply too good to overlook.

I have owned Nissan cars since 1985 including:- Violet 140J, Prairie 1.5, three Bluebirds (1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 estate), a 2.0 Primera and a 200SX, which was a wonderful car. They were all at least very good, and the best were excellent. 

My question relates to Manuals. The new X-Trail is quite techy, with lots of new features I'd not even dreamed of. So many in fact that I took the revolutionary step of trying to actually read the owners manual, to find out how these things worked. The T31 was much less sophisticated but there were still things I was finding out after having it for several years. I thought this was a waste.

Trying to read through the manual for my new X-Trail, I find it extremely frustrating that the Nissan Manual is so thick and bulked out with so much "if fitted". In this day and age, Nissan spares can - given the reg or Vin number - look at their computer look at your car and tell you exactly what was and what was not fitted to it at delivery. Surely, for the money you pay for a new car, they could provide you with a PDF manual which was specific to your car, and not to the marque in general?

Does anyone know if this is possible? Or if the Nissan manual is otherwise available in searchable/editable PDF form? 

I bought and downloaded a PDF workshop manual for the T31, and this at least is searchable, although it is even bigger than the normal owners manual. I expect I could get the same for the T32, but I don't really want to do maintenance on this vehicle, even if I could (I did all my own maintenance on all the cars up until the Primera).

Any ideas? 

I'm not sure there is one as yet. 
I too have a PDF version of the T30 manual and it very useful to search for certain items and procedures.
Usually a scan of eBay produces some results although I couldn't find anything when I searched earlier