Cruise Control fault

GR1

Hya all.  Recently bought my second T31 X-Trail, having loved my first one for many miles.    I have an issue with this one with the Cruise Control malfunctioning.  Sometimes it comes on fine for a minute or two, then stops and the set light just flashes.  Mainly though it doesn't work at all, and when turned on the "cruise Control" light comes on solid, and the "set" light just flashes.     As they were cheap enough (and an easy job) I changed the pedal switch but no difference.     

My own littel code reader (a decent one, but certainly not a 'Snap-On',  gives me a code of P1525-F3.   I've seen several other forums suggesting it is a pressure sensor that cuases the fault, although I can't really see why.  Anyone got an ideas?

Hi...welcome to the Forum

found even when engine cold that the exhaust temp sensor was showing 100 degrees and as DPF temp went up the turbo stayed around 100 so fitted a variable resister to prove the PCM can see the temp increase and rule out wiring, I then road tested vehicle with a setting of 280 degrees and the vehicle drove without the EML and the cruise control is now functioning as intended!

Seems like this may be the best info on the fault and how to rectify it
Let us know how you get on with it

Can't see how the exhaust pressure sensor could render the cruise inactive yet not turn the turbo off (as in limp home mode).  If the sensor itself is fault wouldn't it be better to change thte sensor?  (any idea where it is locatewd, it's a 2007  2.0 dci not the earlier 2.2)

tvm