Newbie Saying Hi

Popsie5859

Hi all I a new to the site have read some posts as a guest, the site appears informative and helpful. Have recently purchased my very first nissan a 2015 qashqai Tekna with 53000 on the clock, one owner from new and full nissan main dealer history. Switched back to an ICE from a fully electric MG ZS ev which I purchased new in July this year. The car itself was very good but, having done lots of research about charging as I don't have access to offroad it turned out it was cpgoing to be way more complicated than I had been led to believe. Added some new mats and wind deflectors.

20211116_122652.jpg

20211116_122640.jpg

Hi .... welcome to the Club

Sometimes, the change to EV can be quite dramatic as some drivers may not have even driven an automatic transmission before so this can be the first hurdle....not to mention lack of engine noise, etc.

Good to have you onboard with your Qashqai

Hi I have driven all sorts of vehicles cars bikes vans to articulated lorries. I have also driven electric vehicles before so it was not an issue, the issue was going to be around regular charging at home. My local and county council are stating the have no plans in the foreseeable future to install charging at the roadside in residential areas for people without access to off road parking. Their view is they want local residents to use public transport rather than their own vehicles so it looks like a backdoor way to force people out of having their own cars. I took the issue up with my local MP who also happens to be the secretary of state for transport. I had a dace to face meeting with him pointed out the councils proposed plans and informed him that 23% of the local vehicle owners were being prevented from taking up electric vehicle use. He appeared quite interested in the points I raised and said he would look at what action he could take to assist in the matter. Then some weeks latter like all good politicians he contacted me by email providing all the information and figures I had already given him indicating there was nothing he could do. I will now stay with an ICE vehicle for as long as I can before maybe then switching to hydrogen fuel cell vehicles if they materialise as they will be a better choice for people without access to off road parking. 

• Like 1