Daughter Just Bought A Micra - Few Questions

smokie1010

Hi, New to the Forum. My Daughter has just passed her test and bought a 2010 1.2 Micra (the 03 – 10) Model. I’m not up on Nissans as the last one I owned was a Nissan Bluebird in the 90’s. I’m the one that will be Servicing it and looking after it for her. So I’ve got a couple of Questions:

So as said it’s a 2010 1.2 Micra (K12 I believe as it’s the 03 – 10 Model).

1. How do you know what Spec/Model it is?

2. Reading on line, the Spark Plugs I need for it are NGK LFR5E-11, is that correct and what is the gap please?

3. What Type Antifreeze do I use in it?

4. What Grade Oil does it use?

5. Any other tips etc that might be useful?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ...... welcome to the Club

I would refer to the handbook (if you have one) to ensure that the specs are correct.
If you order service parts through somewhere like Eurocarparts then entering the reg no will give vehicle specs and also the correct parts applications.
Try to ensure you get quality branded parts to make sure it remains reliable in the future.

Otherwise, a very easy car to service and maintain, cheap for parts as well 🙂

4 hours ago, Trevor said:

Hi ...... welcome to the Club

I would refer to the handbook (if you have one) to ensure that the specs are correct.
If you order service parts through somewhere like Eurocarparts then entering the reg no will give vehicle specs and also the correct parts applications.
Try to ensure you get quality branded parts to make sure it remains reliable in the future.

Otherwise, a very easy car to service and maintain, cheap for parts as well 🙂

Thank You. I have used Eurocarparts a few times in the past but they aren't as cheap as they used to be even with their constant discounts. Case in point, I recently needed an Indicator Bulb for my Astra Estate, its not a Normal bulb it's fitted in a holder you buy as part of it. It's a Bosch Bulb and Eurocarparts wanted £32, I found the same Bosch Bulb online for half the price. I do try to use Quality Branded Parts For Servicing and a Good Quality Oil for Oil Changes. Buy cheap and pay twice unfortunately

• Like 1