Start button

Luke563

So when I went to press my start button the other day the button itself fell straight into the centre console it turns out that the previous owner must have been heavy handed with it as all the clips that hold it to the outer ring have snapped allowing the button to fall through everytime it's pressed anyway the outer ring as an electrical connection at the back and I believe its the NATS ANTENNA AMP does anyone know if I can replace the outer ring without it being coded to the car as its only an antenna its the part I've circled in red any help would be much appreciated 

Screenshot_20220521-122351_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Hi Luke.....welcome to the Club

I would say you are correct that it is the antenna and as far as I am aware it would not need coding to the vehicle as it does not generate or hold the immobilise code (the ECU would have that information) it simply amplifies the signal from the immobiliser chip in the key fob

• Thanks 1

Hi Trevor, thank you very much for the reply I am going to order a new push start button with the outer ring today that I mentioned in my first post after its arrived and installed I will update and let you know how I got on with it.

• Like 1