Removing interior mirror and mount on a K14 Micra

55bb

Hi all

My sister has a K14 Micra and somehow the dipping mechanism has failed and the mirror is wobbling about. I got her a replacement for Christmas but for the life of me can't figure out how to remove the old one - it's the model with the rain sensor and big black cover.

I've tried sliding it up/down but it won't budge, and there aren't any holes/slots to insert a screwdriver to release a catch. The big rain sensor cover has a small gap all around it where you'd expect it to be touching the windscreen.

Does anyone have any experience of removing this type of mirror? I don't want to force it in case I crack the windscreen and it would become a really expensive present!

I've scoured the Internet for a couple of weeks now but can't find the answer, as anyone who has replaced the mirror hasn't done the rain sensor version.

Any advice much appreciated 😊

Thanks

If you wish to remove the whole assembly from the windscreen then sometimes strong twine/cotton run from side to side like a sawing action will cut through the adhesive and allow the assembly to be removed

When its removed then you can disassemble and reassemble and fit with a new 3M adhesive sticky patch

Hi Trevor, thanks for your reply. All I want to do is actually replace the broken mirror, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way of removing the old one. I had (naively now) imagined it would be a matter of just popping off the large cover, and sliding the mirror up and off, just like any other car I've done this with. The problem is the cover doesn't seem to have an obvious method of removal.

Brian

• 2 months later...