Micra K12 heater motor removal

daveb222

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Have the classic heater motor not working, have followed all the tips on the forums and the finger points to the heater motor. This may or may not need replacing as it could be the connectors. So using the going in from above approach and removed a piece of ducting, all good so far. The challenge is getting the thing to come out, everything I’ve read says a few wiggles and some patience it will come out, think I’m not wiggling properly 😊. Can anyone advise on the movements needed to remove it? I’ve attached some photos, it’s almost out but can’t figure out the last move to remove it.

Thanks in advance for any helpIMG_6076.thumb.jpeg.c7e124706fc6b5c712f93b500f0b65b7.jpegIMG_6075.thumb.jpeg.20b90e4e015e83723a7732d249fc988e.jpegIMG_6075.thumb.jpeg.20b90e4e015e83723a7732d249fc988e.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

Firstly before you go any further, does it rotate and have you tried putting power to it directly to see if it operates
Sorry if you have already done these things but always worth checking

Trevor
This post was recognized by Trevor!

daveb222 was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 25 points.

Hi Trevor

Yes the fan spins but not when connected 😞

after failing miserably to remove the fan unit I went back to basics, read posts on the problem with most saying 90% of failures are not the motor itself but the dodgy connector. So cleaned connector best I could I fitted motor back into position, still not working. Next speed control resistor, this I initially ruled out as it was fairly new but to be sure I purchased one on eBay, fitted it and yes it works, better than it did before. 

so lesson learnt, check the obvious and easiest parts first before stripping the car apart 😀 on plus side know now how to remove top of dash in about five minutes, downside is I need to source another air pipe after I cut the other one away, good old gaffer tape is holding it for now.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback as this may help others to find the issue without dismantling the dashboard
Also handy information that you have on how to remove the dashboard if needed