2013 Nissan Altima Interior Accent Lighting

Hey y'all, first post, hopefully someone can help me, and I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong area.

I had the Interior Accent Lighting added to my vehicle, the $200 option on the Nissan website. The description on the Nissan website says "Easily control light color and on/off function with the vehicle's headlights". When I sent my car to the dealership to have it installed, the dealership told me there are no "colors", only white LED's, that there is no way to "Easily control light color and on/off function with the vehicle's headlights", and that they are supposed to be on all the time when the vehicle is running.

Do any of y'all know how is the Interior Accent Lighting supposed to work in conjunction with the vehicle's headlights? Is there supposed to be a control for the Interior Accent Lighting? The dealership says no, there is no control knob or switch, and that the Interior Accent Lighting is supposed to be on all the time, even when the headlights are off during the day. Your thoughts are appreciated. I feel the dealership may have improperly installed the Interior Accent Lighting. I can live with the LED's only being white, but I feel Nissan has misrepresented this add-on on its website. I certainly don't see the need for the Interior Accent Lighting to be on during the day when the headlights are off...

Thanks in advance for your comments!