Newbie needs diagnostic help in sunny Southampton ;0)

Hi all,

I'm a Land Rover owner, and am an active member of a few forums, and find them to be a really helpful source of info and support.

Well, now we've also bought a k12 (to offset the Land Rovers carbon footprint, lol) so I thought it would be a sensible move to join this club too.

The K12 is a silver 1.4 SVE on a 52/53 plate and has only done 37,000 miles.

It's in really good condition, I've had to do a few little jobs.....the brake servo seal was split and therefore hissing, so replaced the servo unit. Also new brake pads fitted and new reverse light switch fitted....it then passed the MOT with no advisories.

Wipers don't work on intermittent setting, but I'm pretty sure this could be a failed rain sensor up behind the rear view mirror....it's connected properly and I've cleaned the connectors with cleaner.....

Main issue I have is a flashing airbag light, I've read somewhere it could be to do with a connector under a front seat (??)...is that right?, if so where do I find this connector?.....piccies would be great ;0)

I can make the light go away with the trick of ignition on, wait till flashing starts, ignition off for 10 seconds....repeat this 3 times, then its fixed.....but only for a couple of days!

With my LandRover I have my own diagnostic gadget, its invaluable, just wondering if anyone on here has such a tool for a micra?.....and could plug me in ?

Happy motoring !

Jase.