Qashqai Timing belt defect!

I am new to this forum, I just wanted to find out if any other Qashqai owners have experienced problems with the timing belts fraying or snapping prematurely or are you aware that there could be a potential problem with the timing belt?

I own a '10 reg 1.5 Qashqai, 42,000 miles on clock and the timing belt suddenly went whilst driving on the M4. This obviously is a very dangerous thing to happen, but I managed to get safely onto the hard shoulder.

An independent mechanic took a look at it and said it had frayed as it had been rubbing against something, after a quick look on the internet I have come across other Qashqai owners this has happened to, and also a previous recall for Qashqai's for a timing belt defect, but my model wasn't included...

After going backwards and forwards between the Dealership I purchased it from and Nissan UK customer care, I am now at the stage that Nissan UK have offered to pay 60% of the costs towards parts ( and nothing towards labour!)

This seems to be Nissan UK's standard response to dealing with this problem, as I have seen on another forum that other Qashqai owners have been offered this.

I am not going to accept this offer as I feel they need to accept 100% responsibilty, as it clearly is a manufacturer defect, it is a known fault and there has been a previous recall notice for this problem.

I would be really interested to find out if other Qashqai owners have experienced similar problems and how they dealt with the customer care team at Nissan UK.