Micra Electrics

Henry

Good Afternoon All

I have been experiencing some problems with my new Nissan Micra 1.0 and wondrered if there is any body out there with the same prob's and could offer some advice?

I recently bought a new battery which died as the car was in the garage all winter, once it was charged it was fine except that; When I turned the key in the ignition the dashboard lights, interior lights, rev counter and the clock failed to work. Once I started then reved the engine up slightly they all came to life. The clock had reset it self to 01.00 but all was working fine. I switched of the engine off and it all stopped working again!!

I have checked the battery and it is giving off over 13 Volts, the fan belt is tight and the alternator appears to be working okay, I have checked the wiring as best I can all seams good and solid the battery connection is solid.

I am at a loss as to where to go next; if there are any owners who have had similar experience that they would like to share with me how they resolved the problem I would love to hear from you

Many Thanks

Henry

• 4 months later...

If all your fuses are ok as the battery gets low if can confuse the control units. Disconnect the positive battery terminal for at least 2 hrs and then reconnect make sure the key is out of the ignition etc then lock and unlock the remote locking then try it.