Pathfinder Shudder!

Didz

Hey all,

I am having a problem in my 2007 Pathfinder with a shudder! between 40-60mph.

It seams to happen in 4th, 5th and 6th.

The only way I can explain it is, like trying to pull away in the wrong gear.

Any ideas what it is and how to fix it??

Didz

• 1 month later...

Hi Didz,

I would suggest that you have a driveline fault which I would take into a reputable garage to inspect all relevant components...shafts, joints, etc

Better to tackle it now rather than it break completely which could be a lot more expensive.

Regards,  Trevor - Admin

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem running within those speeds, at first I though of worn out steering rod dust boots but when I checked they were okay. Tried the rims but they are good too,until I changed all tires and the shudder disappeared. The culprit tires even though they appear new but may have bumps due to manufacturing defects or the way it was treated like a hitting a curb hard which loosen the nylon treads inside. The tire was under warranty but I chose  changing all fours(got a discount on the warrantied tire).  

I have found faulty tyres before to cause this....jack each corner up in turn, spin the wheel and see if it is distorted when it rotates...tyres get damaged as Merzed62 has found but also they can 'out of round' if the case distorts (poor quality tyre).

• 3 months later...