Nissan Juke 2015 Radio cutting out and Touchscreen not working

Soraya

Hi to all members!

I'm not new to the Nissan Juke Tekna, my first one was a 2013 which now my daughter has, and I bought myself another Nissan Juke Tekna 2015 last week, absolutely love it! However, I have had a few teething problems which hopefully you guys can help me resolve.  Firstly, I'm using an Anker USB which it tells me is not recognised, although it then works absolutely fine with the car and phone.  Secondly, I've paired the phone (Samsung Se10) with no problems at all, just tried a few times because whenever I use the Touchscreen for say Call Lists, the screen says "Continuous touch detected. Please remove object from Display. Press "BACK" to hide message".  This happens all the time, even with the radio to change a station and even with the phone is disconnected!  I can use the phone to make calls etc via the phone only OR by using the Screen buttons to scroll for the radio and phone which leads me to thinking the newer Nissan Jukes don't have the Touchscreen facility?? or am I wrong?? To be honest, it's a laborious way of doing things.

The other thing I have found is that although the Radio and Sound is super, it cuts out (it leaves the station it's on and current record playing still on screen) and then it comes back on.  It's as if I've lost signal momentarily, all the same it's really annoying as on a 4 mile journey, it might do this 4-5 times!

Any help or advice, good or bad is more than welcome......other than that, it's a fab car and only done 28,000 miles and is pretty new inside and out without wear and tear.

Thanks!  Soraya 🙂

Hi....welcome to the Club

I do wonder if it is worth resetting the vehicle audio and phone settings for the sync to the car and start a new set up to see if this changes anything

Otherwise, I wouldn't know where to start with resolving these issues

Thanks Trevor, I feel the same, it's still under Warranty and I've since found out they can be re-calibrated for free so I'm going to pop into my local Nissan.  

I'll keep you posted with result 🙂

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I get this exact issue with my 2016 Juke, I connect to it through bluetooth and use spotify and it will just randomly pause for 10 seconds every now and again. I made sure to turn off traffic announcements, which helped a bit, but it still happens sometimes. 
Let me know if the re-calibration helps, i'll have to get it done myself!

• Like 1

Trevor
This post was recognized by Trevor!

NissanFan was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 30 points.

These issues sound a lot like software problems of the actually audio unit. Nissan do run software updates but you have to visit a dealer and request it. The update usually fixes issues such as Bluetooth connectivity issues, calibration and restarting issues. If problems persist however then you’re looking at audio unit replacement which I think are fixed in France. 

• Like 1