Micra SX 2005 cannot unlock

CamB

We cannot unlock our very low-mileage 2005 Micra SX. Fob lights up; have changed the battery twice but doors and boot all remain locked. No longer have a physical key as it got damaged and can't be replaced. What can we do?

My Nissan Leaf key fob stopped working last week. Both of them. 

I called my Nissan dealership and was told they could look at it in September, and I'd have to get it taken in on a low loader. Spoke to a load more Nissan dealers and the earliest date I could get was 25 August.

I need the car for medical appointments and I'm meant to wait at least 6 weeks, possibly 2 months, and still have to get the car on a transporter?

Called a local garage, they recommended Car Key Solutions, I called them on a Friday afternoon and they came round to my house 9am Saturday morning. The car and both keys were reprogrammed in 20 minutes. 

They have to plug a computer into the car, the connection was under the steering wheel. 

So I would give them a ring. Hopefully they can get into the car. 

Given my experience of Nissan dealer's service, I shall not be speaking to them again or ever consider buying a Nissan car again.