Suspension repeated premature failure - 2015 Xtrail 4WD

xtrail225

I have a 2015 NISSAN X-TRAIL TEKNA DCI 4X4 and the offside front suspension arm ball joint keeps wearing prematurely, the arm has been replaced 3 times in the past 2 years.

I had a Nissan dealer replace both front suspension arms and then at a check around 6 months later they noticed the offside arm was excessively worn so they replaced it under warranty. Around 6 months later I had the car serviced and MOT'd at an independent garage and they noticed the same arm was excessively worn, i just had them replace it with the anti-roll bar linkage as I was sick of Nissan.

I have the car booked in for it's annual service/MOT next week and my steering is making excessive creaking noises when turning at low speed which i've seen is a sign of ball joint wear.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and know why it keeps failing? I only drive about 5,000 miles a year and the car has done 40,000 total. The independent garage said there should be no reason it fails again after repair but sounds like it's happened again.

I would appreciate any help so i can get this permanently fixed.

Below are the notes from my MOT last year before replacement.

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Offside Front Suspension arm ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Lower Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Offside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement rear bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))