Devorcing my Qashqai

Tony_b

Hi, I'm liking the forum and hoping it will be come more popular especially when you consider, unlike some other Qashqai forums, you dont have to pay to post!

Anyway i've had my Qashqie since new, which is 3 and half years now. Initially very impressed with it and the service Nissan offered however things are now changing. On the first service (12 months,12000 miles) Nissan had to change the rear shocks and bushes. According to the Nissan mechanic at the time this was a common fault. Second service (28 months, around 26000 miles) saw replacement brake pads all round (expected), some Nissan recalls, door hinges fixed, belt fan tensioner had seized and a few other things all of which was done under warranty. 7 months later I had expected it to breeze through the MOT but unfortunately it failed due to worn bushes again, fortunately I still had a months warranty on it so for the second time Nissan replaced the rear bushes.

Now the car is 3 years 6 months old and I'm really thinking Nissan design everything with a 3.6 year live span. In the last 6 weeks or so amazingly I've spent every weekend at Halfords getting one part or another, its had 5 different bulbs fail on me, the wiper blades have split and last weekend my drivers interior door handle snapped. I had thought this part was metal but seems Nissan prefer plastic with chrome on. No great worries as you would imagine a plastic part cant be that much to replace well guess what?! For this 'Dealer only part' you'll pay £58 + VAT (£69.60). Thats right £70.00 for a piece of plastic, a piece of plastic which has failed after 3.5 years or 34,000 miles or 5110 pulls. Now funny thing is up until it failed last week I was considering a new car one of which was a Nissan X trail but now I've discovered how much Nissan charge for their cheap plastic, inferior, interior parts I wont be bothering. Thanks Nissan for the heads up!

I've fallen out with my Nissan Qashqai...hows your relationship going?

OH and PS...just incase your thinking this is a warranty covered item, while you'll be wrong again. In fact according the Nissan Chorley spares dept they sell a lot of these!!! Personally I'll be making a visit to my local car reclaimers yard but till then a piece of string is doing just fine and is indeed properly now stronger than Nissans "urban proof" piece of plastic door handle!

Tony...How much did you say ?! :lol:

• 1 year later...

Sorry to hear about your problems. My 07 Qashqai Acenta went in for recalls re bushes and rear shocks. Just out of the guarantee I had a wining noise on starting up in cold mornings. I had to have a new alternator belt fitted (£100) and then the gear box gate went and I could not get reverse and I had a new one fitted (£200)

I still like the car and noticed that the 2nd generation Qashqais appear to be of a slightly better quality. Last week I put my car in for part exchange and now have a year old Qashqai N-tec and I am very please with the way the car drives. I am keeping my fingers and my cheque book crossed!