Qashqai 1.5dci problems

Robdavey

Hi Everyone, after some advice. Picked up my Qashqai at the end of March this year (it now has 3700 miles on the clock). Everything was fine until last weekend when the oil pressure light came on when on tick over, bring the revs up to 1200 and it went out. Car went to the local dealer who said it was the oil pump and ordered a new one, garage phoned the next day to say that Nissan want the engine back to find out what has gone wrong and to fit a new one in the car. Got my car back after 5 days in the garage all was well for a couple of hours when the engine management light (red) came on, went back to the dealer who then said that there was a batch of faulty ECU's and it needs replacing. Am I in my rights to ask for a new car as its only 5 months only.....

Hi Rob

I think you may need to give them another chance to fix the problem first, if they mess up then you should then demand from headquarters that it gets rectified or a new car replaced. Don't let them fob you off. Keep on at them until your are satisfied.