Seeking a Paint Code for K11 Micra (R Reg)

ozpass

Hello all,

I have a Nissan Micra K11 (formerly R Reg) at my holiday home in France.

The drivetrain is bombproof, but it has suffered from the usual tin worm in the sills (sits for 11 months of the year in a barn, so to be expected). I cut out the rot and repaired last Summer, but couldn't source the correct paint, so picked a "close" Renault one, that looks predictably rubbish.

Heading out there later this month, and want to take some correct coloured paint with me. As I can't read the paint code from the door plate, could anybody tell me what it is based on this identical one I just found on t'internet?

http://www.fwreurocars.com/vehicles..._rhd_es_00_grn/nissan_micra_rhd_es_00_grn.jpg

TIA. Austin.

Hi Austin

Not sure what the code is but Halfords are pretty good at mixing up the original paint in a touch-up spray tin. If you show them the photo that may be able to match it?

Being the sill area I suppose it isn't too bad if the paint doesn't quite match but always nice to get it somewhere near right

Cheers,  Trevor

Thanks Trevor,

I appreciate you replying!  I say "paint code", but if anyone even knows the name of this colour it should be enough to get some made up.

In order to blend it as it's a metallic, the current patch extends up to the rear wheelarch area, hence total eyesore.  Of course if I'd had my brain in gear I would have quickly realised that blending a non-correct colour wasn't the best way to go but old habits die hard!!

I might end up calling at a Nissan garage to see if they will identify it, but my nearest one in in Wakefield.  Annoyingly I can't find the original UK reg for it (which I'd also be able to use to track down the colour).

-Austin.

Sometimes Halfords have the popular paints on the shelf but I'm not sure if that colour is a popular one (at the time).

Depending on where your house is in France I suppose depends on whether it's even worth worrying about. When I owned a house in Normandy and used to park up old cars out there to drive around, I found that they blended in with the condition of the cars (dented and unwashed bangers) in the area and didn't stand out as anything special to attract any undue attention :-)

Good luck with finding it