coolant nissan note

spikeer

The question may seem stupid to some people, but this is my first car and I am learning everything about it. I have a 2010 Nissan Note 1.4.

I believe the coolant level in my car is very low. Can I simply buy any coolant and top it up, or should I go to a mechanic to have it replaced?

Kind regards,

spikeer

You can pop to Halfords and get some universal coolant (pre-mixed to the correct quantity) and top up the tank
However, there should be a min-max markings on the tank and should be topped to just below max when the engine is cold

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your answer.I went to Halfords, but they didn't have universal coolant. Instead, I bought the one recommended by Halfords, which is the OAT pink coolant.
I just came back, and I am currently waiting for the engine to cool down. It appears that the coolant tank is empty, and I have no idea what color was used by the previous owner.
Could there be any potential damage if it turns out that the previous owner used a different color coolant?"