IntermittentEntertainment system fault on Micra Tekna 2012

My 2012 Nissan Micra Tekna is possessed, I have been having a few problems with the entertainment system for about 6 months before that everything worked. It all works but on it’s own terms. It dialled telephone numbers at random, when I was going to work, I had to apologies to people for waking them up so early, so I turned off the Bluetooth on my phone. I get in the car in the morning to blaring music, but the system is locked and will not switch off, until you have been driving a while, then  everything starts working again, but it is very random. I have had the car for 4 years it’s only done 36000 miles and is an excellent runner. I was just wondering if the melting hot weather we have had would have something to do with it. Do you suggest I take it to an auto electrian or get an aftermarket replacement entertainment system.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey it does sound like it is possessed 🙂 maybe you need to call in a priest

The first thing I would look at is the battery terminals are secure and free from contamination and then check all the leads from it (particularly the earth leads)
If any of the earth leads are damaged then this may be one of the reasons

If in doubt then take it to an auto-electrician for them to diagnose

Let us know how you get on with it