Multible faults

Elmo_C

Hey guys,

I have a 2.0 120 m9rv710.

I have multible faults on the dash.

Check injection

Check Esc

Check hillstart assist

And of course engine failure hazard is on the dash.

I done alot of research on what it could be and limited to info. I did find some suggestion about replacing the battery.

The battery went dead recently on the van and got a full recharge and it starts up with a strong turn over and runs at 13.4v while running.

Anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this.

Had the van in with Main dealers.

They didnt know what was wrong with the van and were reluctant enough about taking it on to try fix it.

It was showing fault code P0002. Generic current Fuel volume regulator control circuit range/performance.

I took the van back and deciden to book it in with my brother who is a diesel mechanic. 

Fault turned out to be that the high pressure pump was not timed correctly with the cam that rotates it

After setting it up correctly and after 10seconds of starting all the lights on the dash vanished and is running perfectly now.

Another one for the scrap book.😆

Crikey that's an unusual fault. 
I wonder why the pump went out of timing - either something is worn (timing chain) or it was incorrectly timed in the past and was on the threshold and then dropped off the edge
Thank you for sharing the rectification of this fault....you never know, someone else may benefit from it in the future.

On 10/31/2023 at 11:51 AM, Trevor said:

Crikey that's an unusual fault. 
I wonder why the pump went out of timing - either something is worn (timing chain) or it was incorrectly timed in the past and was on the threshold and then dropped off the edge
Thank you for sharing the rectification of this fault....you never know, someone else may benefit from it in the future.

The van underwent a full engine rebuild as it had taken in flood water. It was minorly hesitant at 2k rpm from 3rd on. The high pressure full pump was put back on being a tooth or 2 out of sync with timing hence this code. Would have been a long time changing sensors if it wasnt diagnosed properly... 😅👏🏽

• 5 months later...