Gear stick

Dejan

I was wondering if it'd normal for the gear stick to have a slight movement when it's in 3rd or 4th gear. It moves about 8mm with acceleration and deceleration. 

I replaced 2 engine mounts, the third one (under the battery) seemed ok so I decided not to replace. 

The gear stick still have a bit of movement. I'm wondering if I should replace the third engine mount and if it would make any improvements or this is normal thing with nissan cars. 

• 6 months later...
On 8/24/2023 at 11:03 AM, Dejan said:

I was wondering if it'd normal for the gear stick to have a slight movement when it's in 3rd or 4th gear. It moves about 8mm with acceleration and deceleration. 

I replaced 2 engine mounts, the third one (under the battery) seemed ok so I decided not to replace. 

The gear stick still have a bit of movement. I'm wondering if I should replace the third engine mount and if it would make any improvements or this is normal thing with nissan cars. 

As far as i know this gear shift movement is "common" at all QQs. Mine is also moving the way you descride. I asked and told me, its common issue and not a problem.